Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Is Google Making Us Stupid?

I agree and disagree with the article “Is Google Making Us Stupid?.” I agree that it has changed the way we read. We just skim the reading online or jump from one article to another. When I am online I know that if I find an article that is long I can find one that is shorter than that one or I scan the article. With the Internet it makes it easier to find what you are looking for unlike when you had to find a book or an encyclopedia to find it.

I disagree that Google is making us stupid I think that its not just Google it is the whole Internet that makes us not want to read or keep our attention. We usually have more than one page up at a time and jump from one thing to another when we are online. We also rely on the Internet too much anything we cannot remember we just go to the Internet and look it up. It makes us become dependent on the internet and not remember like we use to. If technology keeps going then the next generations to come will become totally dependent on the internet and will not have to remember anything. They will also become less likely to pick up a book when they can go to sparknotes or any website and find the summary or what they need to take a test. It will make them become less intelligent if they never read and always use the internet for there needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment